Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pics of Newburgh Art Center and Of Things Passed Consignment Shop

Sorry guys about not posting these sooner, I had a very busy weekend and on top of that I've been playing The Sims Social. So if anyone is looking for a Sims Social neighbor feel free to add me. Just add me as a friend on facebook.

Now back to the reason for this post. Sorry for the bad pics, I was kind of in a hurry when I took them.
Lower Level of the Art Center



Of Things Passed Consignment Shop Pictures

Of things passed was based on a local consignment shop that is ran by two sisters, Cheryl and London. It was once a home of their earlier ancestors. Their mother one day decided that she had way to many clothes that she cared to have. She then called up some of her neighbors and asked if they would like to swap things that they owned and no longer needed or wanted. Soon it became a neighborhood ritual. Every weekend people from the neighbor met up at the Dalton's for a friendly swap. After Cheryl and London's parents purchased a new home, they both decided  not to sale their current residence, they thought it was good idea to open it up as a commercial swap shop. 

Just a little back story I thought up as I was building the shop.
More pics....

It has two entrances. A side entrance from the main street and the main entrance is from the plaza pathway. Well not really a plaza as in more than one building on a lot, but you'll see what I'm mean soon enough.







As you can see Of Things Passed has gone through many renovations. After the sisters took over the shop they have since gutted out the original floor plan to a more open space for browsing. On top of that they added furniture as well as many other things both sisters and locals have picked up on their travels.

Okay, I think I'm getting a little carried away with this whole back story stuff, so I'll leave it at that. Well, not really.. I've been in the mood to make some sims today and these two sisters are definitely going to be on the list.

Next on my things to do for Newburgh Heights is build a salon. I kind of got an idea of what I want, but I'm not sure how its all going to play out, so let's see what happens.


1 comment:

  1. It looks great, I love the idea of a furniture store. If only I didn't have way to many buildings already. Maybe I could squeeze one in! Your world looks great, I'm looking forward to browsing the archives. Your building work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...